View Single Post
Old 2011-02-23, 12:57   Link #455
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkeus View Post
a nice point is it seems that all the power of the MG comes from the soul if we take that literally.

Basically, no need to contract in order to become MG.
But can a human actually pull that power from their soul on their own? I don't see any humans who have done so, yet, and you'd think at least some have.

But some of us have come to the conclusion that Kyube uses some power from the girl's soul to make her wish, which would explain why a girl's special power is related to her wish. Without that contract, there would be no wish... and thus no special power. Also, without the soul in a gem, a girl is considerably more vulnerable; they are walking into a shootout without a bulletproof vest. One good hit, and they are toast.

On the Fairy note, I wouldn't read too much into specifics. I'm leaning on the "it's just a way to note a magical creature" side currently. There have been many fairies in stories, none of which stole babies, both western shows and anime (and video games).

However, what this does confirm, is that Kyube is not a devil nor an angel, which would be the extreme of magical creatures on the morality spectrum. It also lets us know there are more of him around, which implies that the witch problem is wide-spread.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote