View Single Post
Old 2012-07-03, 15:52   Link #3909
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
If there is a time machine and you can bring a team to meet 1970's brazil football team, then I would say any of the top 4 at this euro tournament can beat 1970's brazil. The fitness, tactics, and professionalism are all well ahead of 1970's. But you really can't compare teams that way.

Brazil ruled the soccer world for 12 years ? (1958-1970...they didn't win in 1966) and they still had great influence after the domination. I would say this spain team is one of the best, but I would still wait and see whether spain can become real soccer power after their domination is over.
I share the same thoughts.

The question is if they can still be a threat once Xavi/Iniesta and other key players will retire. The difference between historical nations like Brazil Germany, Italy and the rest is that the first three countries kept producing talent and still posed a threat in every competition even during their less brilliant times.

Still, what they've achieved so far is enough to make people remember this current generation of players, at the very least.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote