Thread: Crysis
View Single Post
Old 2007-11-27, 21:46   Link #33
Jays

Finished it today after playing it on and off the past few weeks.

Ran it at all high settings with AAx4 on DX9 @ 1280 by 1024. Solid frames per second, but it did have some difficulty with cut scenes.

As an FPS buff I was definately impressed with Crysis, and definately one of the best in years, probably since FEAR. It took a lot of things from FarCry (obviously) and from Half Life 2. There were some sequences in the game that just made me keep thinking, Half Life 2, while at the same time being very original.

It's also a tale of two games if you ask me. The first 2/3 of the game was what Crysis was hyped out to be, and probably the part that I most enjoyed. The last third of the game was different, not saying it was bad, but it really is what seperates Crysis from all other FPS.

Going back to the first 2/3 of the game, I loved it, I want more. The North Korean AI makes you think and respond, it makes use your nanosuit and it makes you plan things out before you do it. I wish the entire game would have been about this, seeing as I'm not that keen on shooting non humanoid looking aliens.

I'm gonna say that Crysis is a thinking mans FPS, because you can't run and gun.
Jays is offline   Reply With Quote