View Single Post
Old 2013-03-28, 22:06   Link #1118
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

About the DEM thing in the ending, I still find it not that implausible considering it’s the Tree of Exodus’ entire power put into one final weapon which probably manifested after seeing how cornered its mage is (as far as the anime is concerned. I haven’t read the manga). So at least, it doesn’t come out of nowhere like “the power of will” or anything shonen-ish like that.

Overall, I think this anime is excellent. IMO the story is the most fulfilling compared to any other series in both previous and this season. I think the overall good-ness of this series beats even the likes of Psycho-Pass and Shinsekai Yori. I enjoy those two immensely but I think Psycho-Pass has a lot of questionable logic in its world setting and Shinsekai Yori has a lot of plot holes which should’ve been filled. While Zetsuen smartly addresses and uses the accidental convenience and coincidences as part of its story by making the Genesis Tree controlling the world’s logic. Also, Zetsuen really delivers in the entertainment department. The animation is top notch, the visual is colorful, the characters are well written and their looks are easy for the eyes, the soundtracks are nice, action are abundant, and most of the interactions and conversations are really enjoyable to watch and listen to (they can genuinely make you laugh, not just tense). Unlike Shinsekai Yori and Psycho-Pass which are almost always “doom & gloom” in each episode both interaction-wise and visually. The only other shows this season I can think of as an equal for “intelligent entertainment” are Chihayafuru and, to some extent, Space Brothers.