View Single Post
Old 2010-12-28, 06:25   Link #20501
luckyssol

My theory for this game:
  • 1998 is the real world.
  • The games boards and meta-world are just parts of the stories written by Yasu and Asumu.
  • Asumu and Hachijou are the same person. Asumu won’t ever get her own sprite.
  • For the game boards, the culprit for every single murder is Yasu. The trick is either: the murder was faked or some variation of Shkanon (Erika included)
  • The purpose of this game is not to search for a real world culprit. The purpose is to accept the witch and understand her world. By solving each of her games, where she is the culprit, her heart is revealed. As it was stated in ep7: People are riddles. Yasu created this riddle so that people would solve the mystery that is her.
  • There is no culprit in the real world.
  • What happened on that island on that day will forever be closed within a cat box. Well, the island could have blown up in a volcano explosion but that has nothing to do with the truth Ryukishi wanted people to find.
I'm already giving this game a 10/10 because of how much I enjoyed the series throughout and I don't see any way that Ryukishi would mess things up at the very end.