View Single Post
Old 2010-12-29, 09:02   Link #102
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
But again, why should I care about Juugo going all out when I don't even care about his character in the first place?
I never said you had to "care". Once again, I merely explained which I considered to be a more "emotional" fight (these grand statement you've made to the contrary have literally nothing to do with what I am saying). Quite honestly I'm befuddled as to why you would think "I will fight my old foe from my past and I will show how much stronger I've become by defeating him!" has more powerful emotional value than "I must face my old friend whom I deeply cared for and am reluctant to fight against, but I must also free him from his zombie prison!" (Even by your own phrasing, you make Juugo's emotional stance seem far more powerful than Lee's (which seem childish and selfish by comparison)).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
You know, I've just realized something. Who cares if it's emotional? Why should we care about the supposed "emotions" between two characters we know nothing about?
Obviously you do, else you wouldn't have spent several posts "discussing" the issue ...

And, once again, this is a silly question. You are not asking "Who" cares (the fact that the issue is even being discussed obviously means that someone cares), but rather "Why should I care", which is a personal question I have no reason to care to answer (and see no reason why you are even asking).

But, to answer your question (and to repeat myself), Lee and Kimimaro have a background, but it is obviously far less than Juugo and Kimimaro's (even if Juugo and Kimimaro are relatively undefined and the fight between Lee and Kimimaro covered more actual pages than the background between Juugo and Kimimaro). Consequently, the emotional conflict between Juugo and Kimimaro (even if not fully developed) is a more interesting conflict (to me at least), than that between Lee and Kimimaro (who have no real conflict beyond Lee proving himself).

Last edited by james0246; 2010-12-29 at 10:08.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote