View Single Post
Old 2013-01-19, 13:05   Link #801
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Joseph playing dead have to be one of his funniest moments in the entire saga, other than that very EMBARASSING incident with Abdul in Part 3. Joseph elevates Dastardness and Cheating to heroic attributes with a flair that few heroes could pull up. It's no wonder it's easier to make a Goku clone than a Joseph clone, explaining why we are seeing more MCs like Goku than MCs like Joseph. Because he truly is one of his kind.
That was precisely when I realized Joseph was a unique shonen protagonist, and one of the best I have ever seen. The only others I can think of that come close to him are Gintoki Sakata and Ryo Saeba. I love this combination of heroic attributes with flaws like rudeness or laziness. It makes these characters very human. They are neither heroes nor anti-heroes, but something in-between which I find extremely appealing.

One of the thing I love the most about Joseph is his resourcefulness, which he displayed once again in this episode. He always manages to get out of the most perilous situations thanks to his wits. Unfortunately for him, the Pillar men are also smart and saw through his deception. He managed to accomplish is primary goal nevertheless, which was to survive.