View Single Post
Old 2010-04-20, 18:54   Link #437
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Man, I couldn't resist it anymore and gave in to the dark side... I ended up watching the cam-rip, which I must say was actually pretty good for a camera job. But its still a camera rip in the end.

Here's how I rate the movie...
First let me just explain, when you've been Chinese for too long, yes I'm a BBC and we're cheap-ass down to our very core. Anyway, when you've been Chinese for too long, you don't bother rating movies/series/games on a 1-10 scale anymore, it simply becomes:
- Download/stream worthy. (NO, not everything automatically qualifies for this one, don't wanna waste bandwidth)
- Archive worthy. (things that deserve a place in your hard drive)
- Purchase/cinema worthy. (now THIS one is the level thats REALLY worth letting your money exit your wallet)

Well, Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu goes FAR beyond 'purchase worthy'. Hell, I'm even more desperate to watch it in the cinema now, AND buy it when comes out on blu-ray. I'm even gonna pay full price for it, discount or no discount.
Man, I do kinda envy the viewers who watched the movie but haven't read the novels.

Is it just me? Or did that stab seem more painful when watching the movie than reading the book?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
My jaw is still dropped from the rooftop scene. I can easily see how someone could mistake it for a real background.
Huh?
I thought is WAS a real background.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Spoiler for resolution story

Spoiler:
Now that really does sound like something Koizumi would say, nice deduction.
But yeah...
Spoiler:

There were a few things they skipped out though, which I did want to see:
Spoiler:

But then, there's been many times where they had to skip some of Kyon's inner monologue due to time constraints in the TV series, so nothing new there.

Does anyone know how much of their budget KyoAni bombed on this movie? After watching it, it does make you think "so THAT'S where all the money went..."

I think the best part of this movie was Kyon's 'realisation' sequence. I can see where people are coming from when they said that part was very EVA-like, but the whole cinematics and emotional impact was delivered amazingly.
I was sort of expecting Pokemon shock kind of lighting effects during the time travel parts, but I guess we won't see that until the 'resolution' episode... if its EVER gonna be animated.

禁則事項です

Last edited by Mecha_Trueno; 2010-04-20 at 19:14.