View Single Post
Old 2009-06-13, 23:29   Link #1075
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
@ revan: writing from germany, I can asure you, no such luck ^^

on that matter, If you do know german, you should have noticed that the english translation of claymore is much better. In fact, the german voice over on the official DVDs is so bad that I wont even waste a single swearword on it - not only did they manage to make mistakes in translation so obvious that even I, not speaking a single word of japanese notice them since dialogs just do not make sence at all at times, they also seem to have paid a bunch of non-proffesionals picked up from the streets 20 bucks each for reading out the dialogs - that's what it sounds like read out, not SPOKEN. apart from that, german subs, while a diffrent matter, also seem to be worse quality as far as ive seen.

Buy the english dvds, that's what i did after reselling that german voice over dvd crap via ebay.
Anyways, watching it with original voice is much nicer anyways

as for the music, beethoven is nice, but an already composed piece of music wouldn't work in synch with the story. what they should have done is a real soundtrack, mostly based on classical music but at times going into rock or heavy metal as in blood+ for instance. mind, after having seen about a quarter of it(blood+) i don't like the style much - but they did the music "consistently" assigning individual characters individual thems, having different introducing themes for the two opposing main groups, differing music for each scene depending on mood, a certain style forcontemplative scenes and another for fights etc

that's the kind of work i'd hope to see put into a soundtrack for a claymore OAV, something that offers the big bang for the crazy fights but also pays due attention to underlyining the different characters in essence something that ADDS to the story's unique elements and style.

anyhow beethoven seems much better than what they came up with in the anime ^^
Well, now that you mention it, the lack of depth to the voice acting is more apparent. It is true I didn't quite feel the personality behind any of the characters. Miria especially...

I remember her taking on the Awakened Being with six arms...

At this point Miria's three companions had just been cut down and were gathered together, bleeding...

Miria glares at the awakened being...
They have a short exchange of introductions...
Here comes Deutsch (German) Miria's big chance to introduce some real emotion into her character. Kommt schon Frau (come on woman!), your three comrades are nearly dead due to this bastard. Put some viciousness into your voice...

"Sagt mir wer du bist!" ("Tell me who you are!") Totally flat effort, not even adding depth to the character at all. Totally blew the chance to add some real pizzaz to the situation by acting her lines out incorrectly.

How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"
revan5 is offline   Reply With Quote