Thread: Licensed Ga-rei -Zero-
View Single Post
Old 2011-12-13, 19:08   Link #1431
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

My apologies for contributing to what may be unneccessary complications. I think I can grasp your reasoning now somewhat and I agree on many of the points you have raised. Nonetheless I think it is best that I clarify my PoV as well.

1) Despite the difference in atmosphere, Ga-Rei Zero is written with the manga as a basis and as such it is not impossible to follow on from there. A Ga-Rei anime, following Zero's lead, would be one where the manga story is updated with the background provided by Zero, where the excessive lulz elements (which imho is the major factor contributing to the manga's lower status compared to Zero) are weeded out to streamline and intensify the tension, etc. In short, Ga-Rei's story (modified), Zero's style.

2) I accept that Yomi should be no less than a major character. It's just I feel the main focus of a Ga-Rei anime should be at least on Kagura, Yomi and Kensuke, without leaving out any one of them. It's true that Yomi exerts a strong influence in Kagura's life; however Ga-Rei is essentially told through Kagura and Kensuke, whose actions influences each other (though admittably Kensuke may have a weaker influence compared to Yomi's, especially in the final arcs) and as such neither should be undermined.

Now, onwards to the unenviable task of dissecting the cake...

Spoiler for Mindless rambling:

Thank you for reading =w=

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote