View Single Post
Old 2008-05-27, 08:50   Link #1902
rastilin

It was 8 steps then, I'm doing it from memory and it's been a while since I played the first section. My point though is that this is part of a specific martial school and only someone trained in that school would know them. EMIYA was making a point about the 8th step.

Quote:
Of course Saber knows what is a guardian...how can she not know what she is? What I'm saying is, when summoned to an era, the memories of the master about the basic knowledge flows towards the servants so they can fight along without any additional learnings. Imagine Shirou having to speak English...and worse, Illya having to speak ancient Greek to command language...and how on earth is Gilgamesh supposed to communicate when no one in the world know how to speak Babylon?
You are right, but my point is that this is less a function of the servants and more a function of the grail, in so far as I know. Also, I'm under the impression that Saber is not yet a guardian. She only becomes a guardian when she gets the grail, thus fulfilling the pact with the world. EMIYA's already received his wish and therefore is a fully fledged guardian.

Quote:
The second order(to scout) is a general command, so that wouldn't put too much restraint to Lancer. And after Lancer fought everyone, he had quite a lot of time to diddle around (he even showed up to help Shirou and Rin to get Caster), and if the contract doesn't protect their master, Lancer could have went straight for Kotomine.
All good points, there's either something we don't know. Or he was just biding his time for something interesting to happen.

Quote:
Since this servant is affected by how well known they are...will Archer be more stronger if he is summoned after he become a protector of justice??
No, not in so far as I know anyway. Only Servants benefit from being well known since they draw power from the wishes of humanity. Guardians get power from Akasha and don't require this. That's why they can be summoned to before they became heroes, which is assumed to be impossible with other heroes.

Quote:
Why does neither side continued the fight??
Lancer was tagging along to keep EMIYA at bay while Shirou and Rin attacked Caster and Sochiro. When EMIYA gave the impression he was going to betray caster (He had betrayed Rin earlier and switched sides), Lancer let him through. It's interesting to note that he DOES betray Caster, kills her and her master. Then betrays Rin again a minute later and takes her hostage.

Quote:
Also if archer use a A++ noble phantasm on Berserker how much life will it cut??
One, it's worth noting that EMIYA doesn't normally have any artefacts beyond B rank. The "Infinite Sword Creation Technique" can only duplicate swords up to A++ rank (Not Ea or Avalon) and they drop in one rank when duplicated. He can raise them by one rank at the expense of the sword exploding when used. So inflicting A rank damage is hard for him.

Quote:
What rank is Calliburn?
No clue, it's not mentioned. It's safely assumed to be A rank though. No clue why it killed him in one shot. EMIYA did worse things to him in the Illiasviel castle, the description of Berserker after the battle is depressing to read.
rastilin is offline   Reply With Quote