Thread: Feedback Anime Suki's Spoiler Policy
View Single Post
Old 2009-11-11, 20:53   Link #27
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Not too long ago, there was a slight misunderstanding in one thread because one user said "I hope he is just guessing" in reply to something someone else said and things got out of hand. People need to be careful how they word their posts and include key phrases such as "I think" or "I predict" and such.

And the example I gave, was concrete info from the source material specifying names and all, so yeah.

Another thing to think about, Crunchyroll and other simulcast sites... has created a lot new issues to address. As far as spoilers go, in the past once a fansub was released spoiler tags were not required, but used sometimes if the person wishes to be considerate. Now, we have a lot of people using simulcast sites and others fansubs. In some cases, fansubs beat out simulcast subs (ie: Crunchyroll posts White Album six days after it airs).

Therefore, should spoiler tags be required until Crunchyroll or the simulcast site associated with the series posts it? Obviously I think they should be used, but the staff may think otherwise.

Luckily in the White Album thread I explained this and everyone is using spoiler tags a lot because some people will watch the RAW first, others will watch the fansub that comes out a few days later and the rest Crunchyroll with their late release.