View Single Post
Old 2010-05-11, 16:13   Link #249
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Hmm, Otanashi and Kanada being trapped in the same room with one bed, Yui getting excited over her own boobs, Yuri in a ripped uniform with Naoi doing something that looks very wrong into hypnosis, and the bromance and the end. Damn, this episode hits the jackpot for "this will inspire perverted fanwork"

This episode had some comedy that was actually funny. Takamatsu still refused to put a shirt back on, and Ooyama took a potato chip... and ate!!! Sadly, it seems like nobody will let poor Kanade eat her tofu in peace. Of course, the Kanade moments are great, they sure liked drawing her sleeping. Not that I mind at all =d

Also, she designed her weapon to be used defensively? Does that make her Kenshin?

Anyhow, they arrive, and as expected it's ugly as hell. And then this is where the episode hits then ground. There's no way to generate so much sympathy for this asshole Naoi so fast. Otananshi gives out a dramatic speech and that for some reason is good enough to get Naoi to reveal his past where he was forced by his asshole father to pilot an Eva make pots and now wants to become God.

It wasn't too bad, but comes across as a cheap shot trying to generate some melodrama and unfortunately missed the mark just because I don't really care about this guy who really only showed up lately. And it's really hard for me to believe he could go from evil to blubbering mess just because of a speech and a hug.

I give this an episode a 6/10 for an entertaining first half, but having a very wtf for an ending like they ran out of time.
i don't believed that Naoi said anything about his past, it was just a flashback that Naoi on his life.