View Single Post
Old 2012-06-30, 12:47   Link #970
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Read the last paragraph. The beauty of this bill when it was passed in 2010 is that it will never go away. All GOP will ever be able to do is to rebrand with their own marking and give it a new name and stop the flow of the money (the budget) to fund this bill. That's it.
By last paragraph, were you referring to this:

“They paved the way for that,” said Rep. Phil Gingrey (R-Ga.), a physician, referring to Democrats in 2009. “They’ve already set the precedent for utilizing reconciliation on a piece of legislation where it’s never been used before. So tit for tat, in regard to that. Absolutely, if we need to use reconciliation to get rid of this monstrosity, we will. I’ll be for that.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories...#ixzz1zIRdWBX8

The Republicans are making this into a political crusade, if they win the majorities they need and the WH, they will repeal this law.
What they replace it with is what has me worried.
I'm willing to bet the GOP will give us something even worse.

Quote:
The strategy here is pretty obvious for the taking: It's to test the waters to see how much uproar can be rekindled so people will vote for Romney/GOP out of spite for Obama/Democrat. We will see how far this strategy can take GOP. I'll put down my money on not-too-far. I give them about a month before the talking points turn to bigger and better things like the economy, jobs etc.
They've got the uproar, that started yesterday.
The Tea Party is now winding up and getting support, as is Mitt Romney.

Quote:
Vexx needs to catch up....

Robert's take has pretty much nullified for any such duplicity in the future when he stated that Government cannot mandate people to buy insurance under the Commerce Law. Before this ruling, the danger was that government (Congress) can pretty much create a product and then will force the people to be its consumer. This ruling effectively limits Commerce Law. And then when Robert said that the bill cannot be imposed on the states to expand their program, it pretty much reinforces and strengthen the above notion.

I think we can all agree that this bill has a lot of room for improvement before it wins over the hearts of people. It, however, has opened the door for the idea what Healthcare should be about. Whoever is in power won't be able to close that door. The repeal won't happen. Even if GOP manages to get as close to a repeal to the definiton of that word (which is highly improbable), the idea of "Repeal" will sound as hollow just as when Bush Jr. famously declared "Mission Accomplished."

Sorry, I could not resist.
Roberts did more than just that, he limited government power considerably since he deemed a mandate an overreach.
How this plays out in the future remains to be seen, but it in no way prevents or restricts a repeal of this law.