View Single Post
Old 2010-11-22, 01:42   Link #7
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by epyon96 View Post
I'm not a huge fan of that statement.

Considering the fact that hundreds of people witnessed first hand the level of intelligence that Shikamaru displayed a few years back at the Chuunin exams, he has proven his intelligence.
Making an informed decision in the midst of a controlled battle (where the likelihood of death is very distant) is nothing like actually being able to lead a battle and lead troops. At least if someone has attained the rank of Jounin others know that the individual has accomplished enough to warrant the rank and the responsibility that such a rank implies.

Shikimaru, for all his qualities, has never proven himself a leader, and only those that already know him actually listen to him. So, I find it very hard to believe that he has the command of an entire division (especially considering his father seems to be unassigned).

Quote:
Originally Posted by epyon96 View Post
Given the fact that age sometimes work against you in battle both physically and mental acuity, it should not come as a surprise that Shikamaru holds such a high ranking position.
Why not? Are there no 20 year old Jounins in the entire 5 countries that specialize in long-range attacks now that Deidara is dead ?

Honestly, I think Shikimaru's position is simply for the fans. Personally, I would have been more satisfied if Temari was in charge, and she used Shikimaru as the brains (instead we get Kankuro in charge...). At least then a Jounin would be in charge, and Shikimaru would be doing what he does best: making plans and strategies.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote