View Single Post
Old 2013-02-01, 11:22   Link #9521
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Kana-chan isn't a fujoshi, although she is different from your sterotypical "bubbly" schoolgirl.
She does look like the level headed yet well-informed kind of girl, though it is hard to judge if she is the reserved or outgoing kind. Besides she does look cute.....and I am glad one of my favourite VAs isn't a fujoshi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
As for the people I am referring to as useless waste of space I'm referring to the "my waifu" style fans and fanatics that are not isolated to Japan, but are apparently numerous enough to dictate acceptable behavior. I also have a close friend that is in the entertainment industry in HK. So, yes, it continues to disgust me because these reactions to behavior by these public figures is in turn a representation of their fans own personalities.
What? You heretic, there is nothing wrong with taking waifus! Ignorant little twerp!

To be serious, I have a bad personal experience at AFA12SG las year, especially during SPHERE's concert. I had a front row seat and was thinking of how to kidnap AyaTaka from the stage enjoying the concert when an entire fanclub just flooded to the front. I lost my temper, grabbed one and told him to go back to his seat.

JokerD later told me that idol chasers are like that, losing control admist their adoration for their idols, and made me wonder if we should show some tolerance to them while being stern. I am just glad that I didn't make a mess of that person's cranium by ramming it against the crowd barrier; though I don't know about the amount of restraint we should show for them as fellow human beings equally subsceptible to such impulses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Is not just geisha...go back to the early modern music scene of all those pioneer Enka people from the 50s and 60s and the work of the early idol singers in the 70s and 80s like Matsuda Seiko and Yamaguchi Momoe and see how they all link down to the present in this "genre" Don't just condemn an entire line of people without knowing anything about them.

Even if current ones may do stuff that conservatives (because seriously only those would really find anything wrong with the general public attention catching crap that crops up from time to time) find distasteful, that doesn't mean it's a general trend
I am talking about the geisha since from the feudal times, starting from then when they offered both viewing AND touching services as saburuko. The lucky ones served shoguns and became upper class "entertainers".

Japanese female entertainers come from a long line since the 7th century, and traditional views are still as deeply rooted in society, I think. I am glad the minimum age hasn't changed - *is sliced with a katana*.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote