Thread: Licensed Persona 4 (TV)
View Single Post
Old 2011-10-20, 19:57   Link #895
rpgman1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvianWing View Post
It was actually a pretty decent episode. Narukami gets bonus points for witty comments, folding dem paper cranes has to have helped.

Humor was good, but I feel as though they could work on establishing the mood for the serious parts. They played the dark mystery tone, then we got an Adachi nonchalant ramble that overpowered any sinking feeling. We got a sad Chie, then a happy one the very next second. They could have done little things like lowering Adachi's voice and giving Chie a tiny pause/bite of lip (though that's kinda cliche) to set the mood.

Very happy to see Pyro Jack. Plenty of fighting going on. The digitalizing shadow touch is kinda weird. Right now it's a bit intrusive, but not so much and I'll probably adapt soon.
When you say digitizing it reminds me of Digimon. The fire and wind combo spell works out pretty well. Brings back the old Persona touch of emphasizing certain spells to unleash devastating combo spells. Can't help with the studio rushing through the story when the game was incredibly long.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote