View Single Post
Old 2010-06-16, 18:16   Link #11129
Raiza Sunozaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylon99 View Post
HEY! Wait a second!

Did anyone catch that? She used 私 rather than 妾...

Moetrice uses 私 (watashi) vs. Beatrice of Legend who used 妾 (warawa). I'm guessing the ghost Beatrice form that spoke the riddle was something similar to the relationship between Moetrice and Beatrice of Legend... some kind of split off.

Anyways, we've know from EP1 and 2, and especially from Bernkastel's letter that Beatrice was a representation or illusion of several rules. By rules I thought it meant several conspiracies or planned actions that people were going to take... so I don't think that Beatrice is literally the bomb but rather the resulting effects and consequence of the bombing and the change in landscape.

Namely, as a few of you have pointed out already, the change of view from the outside from a murder to an 'accident.' And the elimination of almost all evidence.

By the way, if this is true, and we surmise that the author of the episode letters knew about all the plans, then the author is the only thing that exposes that the incident was not an accident but a murder. Ok, EP4 already tells us this, but we can take a guess from this that this is the author's motive. So… Who has the motive to know all these plans, yet not be willing to take action? Instead they're willing to merely write about it afterwards? (My bet is Shannon... heh.)

Note that the author may not necessarily need to be someone on the island… though, it most likely is...
Kylon, I think you might be onto something here that you normaly couldn't get from the English translation.
Hey, does anyone know if there are any other instances where Beato uses "watashi" instead of "warawa?"

But all the Episodes avoid the topic of the endgame and it's events. It's almost as if the writer wants to make the world believe that it was an accident, or Beatrice, that killed the family.
Which means the bottle writer is either under a threat not to reveal that it was a pre-meidiated bomb, or agrees with the mastermind's plan to hide everything in the Illusion of the Witch.
Raiza Sunozaki is offline   Reply With Quote