View Single Post
Old 2009-05-09, 12:44   Link #58
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Well it's one hell of a coincidence. It's possible he involuntarily (how should I say, "had a prenomination" or "instinctively") choose his own passport. It's also possible it was sheer luck (about 1 to 5-8 chance, it's not impossible to happen).

About the second part, yeah it seems entirely believable. It's clear the NEET guy wasn't completely baffled, that Akira has no recollection. Which can mean he either told them he is going to erase it, or (and that's what I think actually) expected / calculated that someone is going to intervene with his plans. Akira told them, that he might going to die, or something similar might happen with him (and that would explain why the NEET wasn't so surprised about the new Akira).
Of course it seems the technology to erase memories aren't secret and unknown, since neither he, neither Kondo seemed surprised.
I wonder what was his plans by transporting them to Dubai, it doesn't makes much sense.

@Lolcat3. I honestly have no idea what Johnny might refer to. My initial belief was that, it might be some kind of film reference, but it seems less likely by now. I'm sure they gonna show us soon though.
However as I just wrote, I still don't actually think he erased his own memory. I have a hunch it was the supporter (or #1), but Akira expected something like that, or an even worse to happen. And he can tell, warn the NEET-s about that too, I believe.
Let me "turn the chessboard over" : If he did it on his own, than did Juiz done something? Because #1 ordered her, she accepted the command (continue being the messiah), and soon after that the phone rings to whipe Akira's memories.
I wouldn't be so sure it was due to Akira's will, I'm more inclined to believe it was the deed of #1/Supporter.

Last edited by izmosmolnar; 2009-05-09 at 12:56.