View Single Post
Old 2009-10-14, 09:30   Link #1235
Sol Falling

I am pretty much just having a grand time with this manga lately as well. This last chapter was hilariously absurd while retaining the potential to be interesting: seriously, "I tried to kill her five times"??? Is that serious? And the pretense for this statement being believable is 'they're superhuman'?

I'd never claim to have predicted this outcome, but even from the one-shot it was clear romance wasn't this manga's focus (or it's strength). The way things have been set up it's perfectly believable to me that this is the way Nishio Ishin intended to take this manga from the beginning. And it's suited to my tastes: one of my first thoughts was 'holy shit is Medaka a goddamned unbelievable Sue' so I'm glad they're making a plot point out of it. This manga was of incredibly dubious quality to me in its initial stages so I am glad it has currently leveled up to 'fun and occasionally interesting'.

This is probably all I feel like saying for now.

Oh wait, one more thing: nobody commented on ch. 22's boob pillows? Even the translators did in the scanlation. Unzen just keeps getting awesomer.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote