View Single Post
Old 2012-01-02, 14:37   Link #26841
UsagiTenpura
Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I think it went more like this.

Battler says she hasn't committed any sins in "our world" (Btw Usagi, doesn't this confirm that there is indeed a Rokkenjima Prime? At least the concept exists) with the probable meaning: "you didn't kill anyone"

Beatrice answers that it's not true, and I believe she thinks about a different sin than killing.
And this could be anything from lying to being the indirect cause of the tragedy.
My understanding of Beatrice's sin is the creation of Ange as a truly tragic character.
So in that logic it really is Ryuukishi's sin.
If you want to consider "our world" to be "prime", sure, but Rokkenjima doesn't exist here ^^;;

My understanding is that "their world" = 1986 btw.

Unless btw you want to consider a Rokkenjima prime to be a world that is the source of inspiration to write the stories. Then I agree that world might exist. But I disagree if you think Rokkenjima exists in that world. I don't think it's really too hard to see either...

Plenty of authors translated themselves in their stories through a single or sometimes many characters. Plenty of characters in many writer's stories are based on people the author really met.

However, making a murder story that figures a complete cast of people who really exists... well to me that's really unheard of and rather messed up.

I find the former thing I explained to be fully normal of about any stories so I really don't see why I should view Umineko any differently. It just actually makes us think of these things rather then them being entirely silent. For instance in my current understanding, Genji is actually based on Ronove (an archetype that exists within the writer's mind), not the other way around.
UsagiTenpura is offline   Reply With Quote