View Single Post
Old 2012-01-03, 05:50   Link #26855
Ayu-ayu
a.k.a. Akari_House

Argh. Animesuki timed out on me and ate my lengthy post. Dammit.

Its late so I'll just sum up some key points I had written out:

1. I agree the switch is part of the key to Prime. I think it was either left in an unknown state (a la cat-box writ large) somehow (hence showing Eva's skepticism of the switch in ep 7), or Eva deliberately used it either in self defense or to cover up her family's crimes she witnessed. I do believe the scenario that Eva is innocent but taking the brunt of the accusations to shield Ange.

2. I believe also that the epitaph was solved early. But what I am speculating is that this happened after Yasu had recruited her accomplices and set everything up. This led to a discord and confusion on the part of the accomplices who thought they would be cheated out of their prior deal, and hence the new series of fighting and possible murders.

3. I believe that murder story Yasu has plenty of motivation. She blames Nanjou and Genji for her present physiological state. She blames the family for driving Battler away and to him forgetting her. She basically can construct reasons to blame just about all her issues on everyone else there as needed. Everything is present to make her into a villain for the sake of her plot. Everything but love. Love is the magic that Yasu needs to escape from becoming the Golden Slaughterer in the end. Battler does come through, so she does not commit the crimes, but she had planned them all the same, and the island is still blown up.

(MyAnimeList banner on hiatus until I bother to update my MyAnimeList status again...)
Ayu-ayu is offline   Reply With Quote