View Single Post
Old 2010-05-27, 18:15   Link #1939
bigdeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyougaElliot View Post
Ironically I like the versions of the characters here more so than the original series.
Exactly how I feel. The original show just seemed too obscure in its meaning. Some fans claim thats artsy but I find it just an excuse for a badly explained story.

the rebuild's story seems much easier to follow. Plus I love the changes to the characters.

Spoiler for Eva 2.0:

All in all the characters are more likable in me eyes and by the end of the movie I was actually cheering for Shinji. Me cheering for mr. cry baby. Madness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
But regardless. Shinji manning up is ridiculous, in my opinion. That goes against everything the series stood for.

What was the originally show about except showing how epically you fail if you don't man up. In the rebuild it shows how gaining confidence is a boon. They go hand in hand. I believe rebuild has the better approach since the original cry baby shinji distracted from the intent of the show and simply made viewers wish for the worthless loser's death.

Like I said, the biggest change for me was that I actually empathize with and even cheered on shinji by the end of the movie. Thats a big success for Eva 2.0 in my eyes since I thought that was impossible to do and its simply my favorite part of the flim.

I'll also say that that the rebuild is for those that have first seen the show. The contrast between the movie's and the show's events is a big part of the attraction. Having watched the show first you'll be able to gain the missing character development that the movie just doesn't have the time for.

P.S.

As far as I know, "hardcore" eva fans have always dreamed of what it would be like if Shinji for once in his pathetic life maned up. Eva 2.0 answers that ago old question and boy does it deliver.

Last edited by bigdeath; 2010-05-27 at 18:37.
bigdeath is offline   Reply With Quote