View Single Post
Old 2013-01-26, 21:52   Link #28
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

The new ending is quite nice, but it places a lot of emphasis on Maria. From it, I would assume that Maria is going to be a very large part of the rest of the series, but my impression from people who have seen the story before is that she isn't, at least to that extent. The song is nice, and the pictures are really very pretty. It doesn't have the same level of style as the first ending, though. That one suited the show perfectly.

I think Saki was in the ending sequence at one point. There's one scene where the person shown has brown hair rather than red hair. There was also an image of somebody with short hair curled up - maybe Mamoru, or maybe a kid? It looked a bit small to be an adult man, but not curvy enough to be an adult woman.

Anyway, going by this ep, it's now it's fairly clear that the Queerats evolved from naked mole rats.

I'd been expecting Saki and Satoru to be an established couple by now. Interesting that they fell out some time ago, but it's cute that they were looking for a chance to be friends again and the conflict wasn't dragged out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Well the red tinted glasses do protect her from the hypnotic effect of the fake mashimoro (sp?) besides that there's nothing special about them.
Hmm. You know, if Yakomaru's group managed to find a Minoshiro, they might have been able to duplicate its hypnotic effect in some way. It would be an effective anti-human weapon. (And if the Queerats also had an actual human bypassing the death feedback on their side, the humans would be in so, so much trouble.)

I was a bit surprised that Saki didn't go all "Don't trust that lying Yakomaru!" towards anyone who would listen. And she's the one who says she was the most suspicious of the Queerats.