Thread: Thief 4
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-19, 00:00   Link #25
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Hell yeah, love Thief games. Just hope it doesn't suck balls or is as short as Dishonoured. The pictures do give it a Dishonoured vibe, not sure how I feel about that (although Dishonoured was a great game, don't get me wrong). It's nice to recognise the scenery though, like the clock tower. But seriously... eye shadow? Why the hell would he wear eye shadow. Look at other fantasy gothic (the time period, not the 'trend') stuff, they don't wear bloody eye shadow.

Am I the only person that liked Deadly Shadows? I mean, sure of the three games, it was probably the weakest, but the story was pretty interesting. Also, I never really minded the supernatural stuff. It's ALWAYS been in the series. Be it Divine - Hammerites or Mechanists - Pagan - Woodsie Lord, Viktoria - and Undead - Zombies and the Hag... oh can't forget the Keepers. It made the game interesting, because yeah while early missions focused on Garret getting up to mischief and stealing everything that wasn't nailed down to pay for his rent and what not, later missions fell into the right guy in the wrong place sort of story and he ends up fighting the bad guy du jour.

Hopefully the game will be a decent length and be interesting like Deus Ex, since its the same developer. Hopefully they don't bloody outsource the boss fights again, hahaha. The talk of consolifying it terrifies me though... so damn limiting, need nice big sprawling levels.

Last edited by Mr Hat and Clogs; 2013-03-19 at 00:18.
Mr Hat and Clogs is offline   Reply With Quote