View Single Post
Old 2008-08-13, 14:08   Link #4
Solais
Youkai of Coincidence

I actually start to hate this kind of stereotyping. In most animes, the stereotyped blonde characters are the most annoying characters. And it's start to being boring, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amray View Post

England is usually more or less in every anime with the gothic culture or references to the culture. If not a main factor in it then they are sometimes mentioned in it or in most cases have a British character in it. Alas, that is one of the British cultures, and also where the gothic culture originated from so that would explain it. Most anime that have vampires in usually have something to do with the UK too, obviously because a majority of the original Dracula story was based here. Their is Hellsing, Black Blood Brothers, and more that suggest that theme.
What is strange because the real Dracula was romanian, in transylvania when it was part of Hungary, and the famous vampirella, Elizabeth Bathory was actually a hungarian. She lived in the same city where my father comes from (Nyírbátor). It maybe had something to do with that fact, that I somehow like the taste of blood...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amray View Post
Also, most British woman in Anime are named "Alice". I think that is because of the famous novel "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" which was and still is a very popular novel in Japan. Then in Rozen Maiden ofcourse they have the "Alice Game" which is also a reference to the same book.
True. And actually Alice-chan from Aria is a half-example: Yeah she's not british, but her name: Alice Carroll. Carroll is from Lewis Carroll's name, who wrote Alice in Wonderland... And, actually she IS in wonderland.
Solais is offline   Reply With Quote