View Single Post
Old 2009-08-27, 11:32   Link #89
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

The Bad:

1. The lack of... well grieving reactions to Jessica having a stake in her back sort of kills the mood for the first half of the episode. Unless they've been desensitized with guts and candy, it really puts off the tension for the first 10 minutes of the episode.

2. The censors are still odd. They're too small to cover up all the gory bits, look like a bunch of large boxes than pixels, and heck aren't used on all the violent scenes. If they're going to censor stuff they should at least be consistent.

The Good:

1. The logic arguments and the metaworld transitions are handled really well. The metaworld scenes don't drag on with their verbal tussles and you can feel the antagonism between Battler and Beato when they discuss the murders and the methods used to kill, both magical and mystery.

2. I like the Red Text effects. Using Gold Butterflies as the words wrap and wave around really makes their presence and importance known without clogging up the visuals.

3. They didn't cut out a lot of important scenes, heck I was half expecting the Sheep and Wolves analogy would get cut. It was great they left it in, as a nice way to explain Rosa's actions.

4. The last scenes involving "Kanon" were almost fantastic. Nice buildup and great tension, not to mention they they decided not to take shortcuts with it and actually show Nanjo and Kumasawa getting their throats ripped open. Ends with a bit of a cliffhanger.

----------------

Giev what's to come I'm expecting good things with the next 2-3 episodes. Though as some have said they might have to compress the pace for one of the episodes, I'll just hope it's so that they'll have time to focus on the more vital scenes.