View Single Post
Old 2010-03-18, 18:16   Link #6118
babohtea

HAHAHAHAHA! The forum got terminated! A bit off topic but, seriously, that's hilarious!

Anyhow, maybe we'll see some cool stuff in HnG now. I'm going to stop reading spoilers and read the manga normally from now on since Athena's out (for a bit), but like I said, I'm not giving up. HnG has gotten consistently better overtime, so who knows if it will still be the same old mediocre routine (or something similar to it) after they go back?

@Rah: Did you ever read the "author's avatar" omake chapters? I was always slightly annoyed by them; it felt like Hata was just trying to curry favor (at the beginning of the series). The thing about the competitive nature of manga is that there's no point in planning ahead because, well, everything changes from issue to issue (Reading Bakuman has helped me understand it a lot better). So, you get manga like To-Love-Ru where the main character isn't allowed to make a move because anything significant might disrupt the fan following....

Too quick to jump to conclusions. I think you're exaggerating a bit because of how much you like Athena though. Like you said, we'll see if Hata can pull something similarly interesting in the future.
babohtea is offline   Reply With Quote