View Single Post
Old 2012-04-25, 15:22   Link #28601
jjblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kealym View Post
On a completely unrelated note, I've been reading alot of blogs by peeps who consider themselves non-binary, in some way, regarding their gender. Proper terms and technicalities aside, I think the general way we seem to generally consider Yasu's gender/sex may be a bit skewed. Well, basically I'm thinking that falling off the cliff didn't cause ANY real physical damage to her body at all, and Genji being able to bullkshit 3 years off of her age is a combination of both the person being naturally small and "don't think about it too hard, like you don't think about all the people that had to have been physically involved in building Kuwadorian yet never spoke to the public about it."
Well, in Ep 7 Genji said how he hurried to carry the baby to Nanjo and then they talk about how they didn't though the baby would survive and how it was amazing it did, implying the baby was hurt and yet managed to survive.
Sure, they could have been lying, though I think if that's the case the lie would be unnecessary. Why to tell us there was damage if there was none?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberzaki View Post
@Golden_dust: But surely there must be some sort of regulation? In episode 4, Battler tries to proclaim his own ancestry and chokes up on his own words and proceeds to later on get locked in a logic error for stating contradicting truths.

Unless the red truth is based on a system of belief, where Battler had already started doubting who his mother really was and therefore tripped on his words.

Or it could be something to do with him being Tohya?

Also, weren't homunculi discussed in EP3? Maybe they are humans but not necessarily people?
There's probably some regulation because even Beato chokes on a red truth, which means she should have stumbled in one rule (that or that scene was actually someone else's fantasy. This someone else is in a highter plane and from his perspective Beato is just a piece so he/she decides how red truth work and if Beato can get around it or not. Due to the same reason Ange could use magic in Beato's golden land where no other magic apart from Beato's is supposed to exist...).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
Pursuant to the discussion that was here, then in the ep6 thread: Now we can finally put that nasty Logic Error business behind us once and for all.
Spoiler for EP6 Spoilers, Obviously:
Or maybe not.
This is awesome!
jjblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote