View Single Post
Old 2012-04-26, 15:20   Link #28615
Captain Bluebeard
Detective, Witch, Pirate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oroboro View Post
I was under the impression that Rosa felt bad and made a new Sakutarou and was going to give it to Maria during the conference, but accidentally forgot it on the boat.
Wow, that was also my very first theory!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldendust View Post
One theory I had is that every red truth is all written by Beatrice as she is the "personification of the rules". That basically the Game Master and Territory Lord knows all of the red and can freely edit it.
Well, that would render all of the red completely meaningless, right?

Quote:
Why is the "imaginary friend" suddenly the main character all of the sudden? Isn't the imaginary character usually the side character?
I believe 'Shannon' wasn't just an imaginary friend created by Yasu to comfort herself in her loneliness. It's made clear that it was what she aspired to be, she always says she dreamed about becoming like Shannon, a popular girl that everyone likes and a reliable servant. And so, when she conquers the realm of magic, she modifies the world to 'become' it, and that must explain why Shannon, who is described as very efficient and reliable in Yasu's narration suddenly becomes a forgetful clutz. And that also supports the theory that 'Shannon' is Yasuda's actual blessed name.

Quote:
Although didn't Maria create Sakutarou, not Rosa?

Indeed that symbolism is important but I do attribute that Maria's inability to keep Sakutarou alive is more attributed to her losing sight of what magic was about. That her hatred of her mother filled her with different kind of anti-good magic toxin.
Do not think too much into this, let's just put it like this. Maria believed Sakutarou was her friend and that he existed. Then she sees her mother chop his head off, and he dies. Beatrice can't revive him. And that's all there is to it.

Your point about hatred producing the toxin is an interesting one, though I'd rather believe Maria's magic had some meaning and therefore she did love her mama.

It's tough to be blue...
Captain Bluebeard is offline   Reply With Quote