Thread: Licensed Girls und Panzer
View Single Post
Old 2012-11-28, 02:20   Link #1770
Sumeragi
Banned

I am still puzzled by what part of "saving lives and doing one's duty are not exclusive to each other" is so hard to understand for most people. The situation was not "win or save lives", it was "at least tell your crew to retreat as you jump out to save your kameradinen". Miho did not do what she could have done as she was getting out, which is why I'm saying she didn't do her duty. If it was only her tank and the drowning one, if communication was cut off, if her tank was surrounded, etc, the I would say Miho did what she could, but the thing is within that match she wasn't in such a situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Actually,

Martial Art = Sport

Have you ever heard of kendo, or judo, or fencing, or wrestling, or boxing?

The only time martial arts isn't a sport is when it's used in combat, which I'm sure we can all agree Senshado isn't.
I do not believe that sportifying martial arts means that martial arts are just sports indefinitely. Might sound elitist, but that is how I proceed with my training at all times. It's basically trivializing the philosophy of martial arts, which is the core of what makes a martial arts a martial arts.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote