View Single Post
Old 2008-10-20, 19:18   Link #234
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
I would ask the same question of someone who read the novel and decided it was canon and tried to tell me that TSAB forcibly recruits mages off of Non-Administrated Worlds. "Prove it according to the anime. Where do you see evidence of this and how do you respond to the prevailing opinion/interpretation?" Perhaps there was a bit more venom in my tone than was necessary, but I would still like to see 9 back up his claims regardless.
Poking at me ... hmm?

The problem is, if it has canon status, then no other sources are necessary to prove its existence. If it is not canon, then it doesn't matter. Canon status is decided before you started interpreting (one of the reasons being so you can't throw out a source because it has tidbits you don't like).

Frankly, if someone wants to say the novel is non-canon because it contradicts the anime, a much better point of complaint is where are those "less than 5%" AAA mages!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
Of course I sound aggressive. 9 is more or less saying "Canon (or at the very least, the most widely-accepted interpretation of it) is wrong, this is what I think is right"
Colors added by me. Red and Blue are completely different concepts, and barely belong in the same sentence.

Last edited by arkhangelsk; 2008-10-21 at 00:22.