Thread: Licensed Rosario+Vampire Manga
View Single Post
Old 2013-05-02, 09:12   Link #24038
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

If I may, a few ideas here.

Why does Tsukune have such a monster-like appearance when using the Shinso powers to this extent?

- I believe the answer is this: It is the effect of Alucard's corrupted blood. We've seen first hand at how much corruption having a part of Alucard's flesh inside another will lead to if left unchecked. If you remember Fuhai commenting that Tsukune's aura was so close to Alucard's at that point and that Alucard's blood is mixed with dozens of different types of youkai and ayashi - his blood is a virtual DNA cesspool - even with his Shinso blood, it transformed his entire body. Akasha was able to resist becoming similar to Alucard despite sharing his blood because of her regenerative ability. Her body might have rejected whatever flesh was tainted and regenerated whatever contamination she had. After so many years, she gave birth to Moka, with a clean body.

Now for Tsukune being a human but with vampire blood within him, everything was relatively fine until the Human Re-Modification Ritual began to change his body to allow for better Youki flow. When he activated the Shinso blood, due to his body being in such a susceptible condition, Alucard's corruption 'changed' his body's form into what it is to be utilized without tearing the host body apart. If not for Tsukune's abnormally strong willpower, he would have succumbed far worse than he did. Shinso blood was made to be used inside a Vampire's body, not a human's body.

It could be argued that it is similar to how many vid game bosses have a more powerful 'One-Wing Angel' form that they shift to in order to use their full power. Moka will most likely never change the way Tsukune has, despite having the same blood because of the difference of their body's base abilities to begin with.

If anyone else has any thoughts on it, feel free to comment.