View Single Post
Old 2012-05-28, 11:08   Link #122
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by crayven View Post
I tend to cheer for the underdog in any anime with romance so I'm prepared to be disappointed most of the time. Ami in Toradora, Sana (the tsundere girl) in Masiphony, Ayase in Ore no Imouto, Noe in True Tears, Akazawa in Another.. the list goes on. One of the few times where the girl I cheer for ends up (sort of) with the MC was the princess in Katanagatari. So yeah, I'm used to disappointment.
I'm passionately with you on Noe, as Demi Soda can attest. I also felt very sorry for Sana and Akazawa. So I'm with you on 3/5 at least.

Quote:
Still, the way Zessica is tormented every week saddens me more than usual. I have no idea what they are planning to do with her seriously.
Zessica is now definitely up there with Noe and Sayaka Miki as beloved tragic heroines that brings a tear to my eye.

Quote:

I think the writers know exactly what they are doing when they include those two scenes. They know that those romantic moments Zessica has with Amata (even if onesided) and her character would make her more popular than Mikono.
Well, yeah, but that's why I find it odd. Why do that if you're so obviously going with Amata/Mikono as the final pairing?

I do see one wild way out of this though, that at least might be palatable to Zessica fans. More on that in a sec.

Quote:
Which makes it even weirder that they don't make Amata respond just a bit positively to Zessica's advances, that way we might have a good triangle like in True Tears.
I passionately agree. That would have made the romance drama in this show so much more compelling, imo.

Quote:
Now we have two twisted triangles with obvious outcomes which is disappointing.
Well, I don't dislike Kagura, but he was never much more than a "bad boy" antagonist who was there mainly to give Amata and the other protagonists an obstacle to struggle against.

Zessica was more than that, which is why her handling bothers me a lot more than Kagura's.

Quote:

The only thing that can remotely improve Zessica's chance is her background story which hasn't been revealed yet. I suspect it's somehow related to her fear of ghosts/darkness and the promise with Mykage. I remember Shouma's secret was also revealed quite late in Mawaru Penguindrum and it let me down. Well, now I just hope that whatever her background story is I'm not too disappointed by it. No sad childhood please I"m tired of that already.

I'm calling quits now on any chance on Amata/Zessica. Like I said, Amata is Mikono-sexual. Those who are shipping Amata/Zessica might as well accept it.

But... awhile ago I half-jokingly suggested that maybe Aquarion EVOL will go all Star Wars on us: Izumo is Darth Vader, Amata is Luke Skywalker, and Zessica is Princess Leia (hence why her personal history has been so shrouded; that's the big shocking reveal).

This would mean Izumo gets to say "Amata, I am your father!", but it would also mean that Amata and Zessica are brother and sister. Then at least Zessica might be able to somewhat comfortably slide into loving Amata "as her brother". It would also make for a cool, shocking reveal, imo (I'd love to see Zessica's expression at hearing that she passionately kissed her long-lost brother ).

Barring something wild like this, it's hard to see how this ends well for Zessica...