Thread: Which tablet?
View Single Post
Old 2004-08-06, 18:35   Link #16
Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeGaladrien
The only issue I have with getting a smaller one is that I have trouble enough as is filling in details on eyes and such on a full person sketch, I couldn't imagine doing it if I had to do it on smaller dimensions than a 8/12 x 11 piece of paper.
bear in mind, drawing on computer isn't exactly the same as drawing on paper. And like others mentioned, You'll be zooming in and drawing in a much larger scale. And instead of moving your pen around freely, you'll get used to limit your pen to a smaller area.
Bigger tablet size won't help with the details, it only helps if you like to do things with long strokes. For example, I often find it annoy with my 4x5 when I draw long stroke of hair or clothes, 'cuz the pen goes out of the tablet area easily. I never find it trouble when I try to draw the details though.

I wonder if there's any store near by that you can try it out, or if any of your friend has a tablet, so you can see what it's like to draw with it. 9x12 is really big, it's almost HUGE!!! XD
Look is offline   Reply With Quote