View Single Post
Old 2010-12-27, 04:23   Link #20393
Kylon99

What Chinese name are you talking about? The kanji for Genji (源次) doesn't mean anything like that... do you mean the sound? And then do you mean in Mandarin?

Anyways, Ronoue has always puzzled me. It's not a very common Japanese last name... if it is even one. (呂ノ上) ... Now, I know Ryukishi made it up from Ronove, but the question is... did he make up some alternate in-story explanation for why it's "Ronoue?"

By the way, about Kinzo being Truly Evil... there's two things we should remember at least:

1. I'd bet that Ryukishi would stick the most important scene, relevant to the very, very last thing he will reveal to us... first. This may not say that Kinzo is evil per se, but at least his influence may not be over just yet. At least the red guts scene of him being greedy for the gold should say we still (STILL!) haven't gotten the right story about him yet...

2. We've noticed that George probably has both knowledge and practice (i.e. sleight of hand) ability for his magic. And while we have had explanations for Yasu and Maria, we haven't found out where he got his information from. There are only so many people he could reasonably have gotten involved with to get that good. Yasu, by himself like Maria... or... Kinzo?

Hmm... the thing is if there's anything more left to be revealed about Kinzo, there needs to be clues from EP1-4 about this... are there?

By the way, one more thing I want to say is that we have a problem with the arming of the bomb. It's been said in EP7 that the bomb simply goes off when it hits midnight if it's set to on. Since in all games that show it the bomb doesn't go off on the first day, this means that on the first day it was set to off on midnight and between that midnight and the successive midnight someone MUST come to arm the bomb. We assume it's Yasu/Shannon/Kanon, right?

Well, for EP1-3, it's never shown Shannon or Kanon's activities at midnight. However, what happened for EP4? If it can be shown that Shkannon/Shannon/Kanon/whoever were locked down on the second day, then... there must be someone else who arms the bomb, right? Ergo that person has knowledge of the bomb, the gold, the plan, and probably the epitaph solution, etc, etc....

I should go back through EP4...
Kylon99 is offline   Reply With Quote