View Single Post
Old 2009-04-04, 18:43   Link #32
Tatakae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Animation Quality: 7/10

Obviously that other project done by same studio (Index) got much more investments into it, while Toradora was kept on poor side.
I've seen the first episode of To aru majutsu Index and haven't been impressed by its animation back then. To keep memory fresh I watched some random episodes on youtube, together with some of Toradora. What can I say? Index's animation looks "clean" with lots of digital effects, but it has almost no characterization. There's lots of "action" on screen, but it often consists of repetition in the animation of fast weaving hair and clothes for example. It often looks dull to me. Toradora's animation on the other hand has lots of moments where you can see subtle nuances in the character's faces and their behavior, getting angry, flustering, blushing, small details like the akward moving of Inko-chan, and so on. Towards the second half of the series you have sometimes badly drawn characters an inbetween-breakup (作画崩壊) [a good example would be Minori and Ryûji running out of the classroom in episode 24 to chase after Taiga], but then you have scenes with have been animated with a great eye to details in human movements (like the famous Kiss scene in episode 25).