View Single Post
Old 2011-03-07, 17:50   Link #8309
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerelf View Post
Or maybe it was all the doujins about his childhood that is making me bang my head against the wall?

This. Most definitely this.

In any case, every protagonist has it's up and down side.

Touma is the guy that would give the highest chance for a happy ending, for stories where the heroine has been suffering for too long and you want to give them a happy ending. I bet you if you drop Touma in Madoka right now he would call up Komoe sensei to learn that the Universe wouldn't be dying for another 100 trillion years at least. But he probably won't make any interesting decisions and his fights won't be as interesting. But his lack of power allows him to use in many situations.

Accelerator is the guy that you want to unleash unholy wraith on despicable enemies that need to die. He would make very interesting decisions and His power is versatile enough that he can use it in many ways to make his fights epic. But being too powerful has it's disadvantages in writing stories as you'll be force to find reasons why can't he just do 'B' instead of having to go one round to do 'A'. Oh yeah, the only thing I don't like about Accelerator is his over dependence on Last Order.

Shiage is... The Road runner?