View Single Post
Old 2012-12-05, 18:28   Link #138
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen
Wow, it's like you're writing the story yourself and had Mashiro's back story all prepared before the author!

She left because she wanted to learn about drawing manga, even when she got to Japan did you see her going "Ahhh freedoommmm! Independence!!!" ? No, she didn't care about those things, her world wasn't narrowed because of other people, she simply didn't care about anything that doesn't capture her interest. Even now this has barely changed.
Who did you say was writing fanfiction here... By your alternative timeline she should have been screeming "Ahhh freedoommmm! Glory!!!" when Rita dropped in; not to say you're wrong and that proves whatever I say is true, but what I mean is her screaming is out of character, when she barely speaks as-is. You know why that is right? She's too tired most of the time, to speak. If the "talented" have-to succumb to the whim's of some majority, does that apply for hard-working people too? If you put in the hard work, are you allowed to choose then, or are you still the tool of the highest bidder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen
And why have you suddenly make this about going back to England? I don't think anybody on my side of the argument have said about going back to England, all we said was going back to painting.
If your point is that she needs to inspire (a lot of) people, then in Japan manga will reach an wider audience. Rita made it a point that (plot wise) Mashiro's fans are in England (or more or less the door way to her fans and glory is there). If you want to support their claim to Mashiro's life then obviously her going back to painting means going back to England. Otherwise all paths are equal, and Manga & Japan have more possibilities benefiting Mashiro; while Painting & England stand to only benefit others.