View Single Post
Old 2012-07-09, 12:31   Link #101
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Ezcelcant just got much more complicated as a character. He still doesn't seem evil, more just horribly misguided because of what happened to his son and the position he's in as the leader of Vagan. I wonder if his desire to breed strong genes for humanities future is so that eventually people will develop a greater resistance to the Mars Rays and be able to actually realize the settlement plan and so that there won't be anymore people like Romy and Lu. If so it's still obviously pretty misguided. Also he puts a lot of faith in himself if he thinks that this particular war is going to be the one that ends all of them.

Still humanity has definitely made progress since the Vagan invasion even if it's dealt with a lot of destruction over the past 70 years. There's no longer a technological decay, the Federation's elitist culture is slowly being replaced by more noble minded people like Algreus, and people are becoming more aware of the truths that they once tried to hide, deny or just plain be ignorant of. Not sure what else Ezelcant could possibly have in store that he feels will cap off his plan, but I have a feeling it's going to be put into place before long as everyone's heading back to the Earth Sphere for what looks to be the start of the final battle.

Anyway I kind of find the fact that Kio looks exactly like Ezelcant's dead son Romy to be a little convenient. I know there's such a thing as the doppleganger phenomenon, but it definitely feels a bit like a plot device to give Kio a way out of that fight more than anything right now.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote