View Single Post
Old 2012-10-12, 15:02   Link #53
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
Neither of those are fanfiction. They both ran in manga magazines, and were then adapted into anime. How am I being unfair?

Both are considered some of the best in their respective genre (at least according to baka-updates), you're the one being unfair by calling one of them (I don't know which) fanfiction. I watched both and didn't consider them bad, but they are not to my taste. But Yaoi is the more openly erotic genre. Yuri often shrouds itself with all kinds of annoying saccharine "forbidden love" stuff. Yaoi just skips straight to the, uh, main event.
My apologies I thought you were comparing 2 official Yuri series to the fanfiction/fanart/doujin market that is out there. I didn't read carefully & didn't see Junjou Romantica (which is a Yaoi series). Well I am only vaguely familiar with the two titles you listed, I know of them but never watched/read them myself.

But I still think you are being unfair in your comparison. I am only vaguely familiar with the Yuri/Yaoi genre but even I know there are Yaoi series that aren't about the characters having sex. In fact from my understanding whether it's smut or just romance it's still under the umbrella term Yaoi in Japan. So there is definitely "innocent love" in Yaoi too.