View Single Post
Old 2013-04-23, 03:41   Link #142
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebreaker View Post
Up till Volume 7, the protagonist is totally on logic's side towards emotional relationships. Up to the point it made me wonder if this is a romantic comedy or romantic tragedy. My personal opinion is that the romantic part of this series is progressing very very slow, and the whole series is more into analyzing how interaction between different people with different personality would result in.
I see. This definitely sounds like a welcome relief to the cookie-cutter dime-a-dozen harem-ecchi series out there proliferating the market. I like it when a series explores the interaction between different personalities and ideals and comes out with results that come close to how they actually would in real life, and not just male lead self-insert fantasy gratification pandering.

One more question, if you LN readers wouldn't mind me asking: does it get overly dramatic, or does it stay fairly rational? I'm not one to complain about drama (especially when they make sense, comes off as engaging and pivotal to character development) but I'm not too fond of drama that makes mountains out of molehills, or are arbitrary and cliched.