View Single Post
Old 2012-01-14, 20:43   Link #27036
Pocuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
The manga isn't the best depiction of events for a lot of things, but the problem is still there in the visual novel. The consensus answer is "Kanon is standing behind Gohda" because it's the least stupid answer.
Yes the manga does makes things a bit more confusing in certain scens, but in this case it just reminded me of the issue itself.

Both Shannon and Kanon are (suppostly) present during the "the number of people in this parlor now is equal to the total number of people on this island" scene. According to the VN's narrator (Battler in that scene) Shannon is standing together with Kumazawa behind Erika while Kannon is being unsociable. I guess that one could get around this scene with a combination of the unreliable-narrator theory and the "Kanon is standing behind Gohda"-theory you mentioned... or just say that Erika was not aware of that red truth and therefore did not care about not seeing Kanon (or Shannon) in that room at the time.

And the scene outside Kinzo's study is quite more vague in the VN than the manga regarding the two of them (Kanon spoke in that scene but I do not remember if Shannon did anything...). Everyone who is suppostly still "alive" at this point (beside Kinzo) is there, and since Erika is looking for a suspect it seems odd for her to not notice if someone wasn't present. How everyone else could miss it is also odd, but I guess everyone else on the island is already in on the ShKanon thing by now...

And I have to ask.... "Kanon is standing behind Gohda" is the least stupid answer? What more kinds of answers exist then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
We've had lots of argument about this. My theory has been that the discrepancy lies somewhere between Bernkastel's "reading" and Lambdadelta's "writing" of End, and not in any of Piece!Erika's observations. To put it another way, the error is on a metaphysical level rather than a physical one. This probably supposes that the transmission of information between the player and the player's piece is in some way imperfect.
I'm not sure I undestand... Do you mean that if Bern missread/missunderstand something that Lambda "wrote" then Erika will be given the information the way that Bern "read it" and not the way Lambda "wrote it"? Kind of like Bern re-wrote the scene the way she understood it and then Erika only read this re-written version?
Pocuma is offline   Reply With Quote