View Single Post
Old 2006-10-16, 18:49   Link #100
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
For my part, I'm having some trouble enjoying the art style of the guys ... even more so than I initially did with Ouran. It isn't the "femme styling"... it is that the eyes of the guys just seem "pan saucer dead" especially the young one. They're saying the lines but I'm not getting the feeling through the facial expressions. Comparing the animation and art with with shows like H&C/Bokura or even Ouran -- those just seem to have done a better job of facial animation and eye expression. As usual, (imo)(ymmv)(no express warranty).
I hate the art too. It's ugly. I hate guys that look like transexual. That's what you get when makers are too lazy to retouch character designs before they start animating stuff.

But then, I like the way the characters interact with each other, and it's kind of humour so I will keep watching, despite the fact I hate the art.

Also at book 15, I feel the manga is getting somewhere... in certain aspects. Where as in Ouran, I don't think they are really getting anywhere. But maybe that's just cause while the Ouran guys are never going to graduate, in this series people actually age.

I think the character design works so much better in the manga. I will get you non manga reading guys some scans one of these daysso you can see how much better they look.

Last edited by Ori; 2006-10-16 at 23:25. Reason: After thought
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote