View Single Post
Old 2007-08-02, 17:27   Link #389
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynor View Post
Thats a fairly good deal IMO. The retail was something like 60 bucks by today's exchange rate, so such a small markup for something that is hard to find is pretty good. If you do get it though, make sure you have a lot of room to display her. Just take a look at the box size, she is HUGE. Her cape is what really does it (which can be removed) but her cape is what makes the figurine cool imo.

Actually... that isn't totally true. They never made any pvc figurines, however there ARE resin kits available for Hayate, Rein II, and soon I believe several of the Wolkenritter will be available. The same ones seen at the last Wonderfest that is. You can see the pics for those one like page 11 or so in this thread. I'm not sure how official these are, but they have been made and are for sale on various sites around the net. Of course, Resin kits you have to put together and paint yourself...

While it's true that Rein II is just a small unison device I disagree that it would be better if the figurine was both Hayate and Rein II. That Rein II would be microscopic if it was sitting on Hayate's shoulder or something. I mean think about it, Rein II is already about the same height as Hayate's head (roughly) so if they added her into a 1/8th figurine of Hayate you'd basically have like a 1 inch tall (if that) Rein II. It's like why even bother with something that small? Producing something that small you really wont get that much detail, which is (for me) one of the main reasons I buy figurines... they have good detail/likeness of the char.
Resin kits huh...sound similar to building Gundam models and I used to build them...sounds interesting though.
Yea I guess I see what you mean about Hayate and Rein II being on the same figurine model. She'll be too small and well, she won't stand out that much in the figure, so I guess its best just to go separate on her figurine instead of being with Hayate.
As for the Alter Fate figurine, I'll but it then since its a pretty good deal. Plus I've seen the box also, its pretty huge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
While technically not merchandise, I think this'll fit here:

DO WANT

...no...

DO NEED
I'm guessing this is an example of a Resin kit?
Thats a nice Subaru Resin kit though.
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote