Thread: Souten Kouro
View Single Post
Old 2009-05-11, 04:10   Link #38
jtstellar

Just finished episode 4 of chinese sub. i must say having grown up reading the original romance of the three kingdom novel countless times, which was written in a view most sympathetic to Liu Bei's causes, i never was able to appreciate how great of a man Cao Cao was. His ability to analyze his surroundings and always make the right plans, and his perseverance in carrying out his plans without hesitation. it's true that this series is somewhat fictional to the original romance of the three kingdom history, but the essence of Cao Cao's character remains much the same. Perhaps it was because i was too young when i first read the chinese novel, but now i think back, Cao Cao is really as great a man as the person so far depicted in this series. He tried to use the political route and the rule of law to achieve his vision for the country at first, but once he realized the Han ruler at the time was incapable of bringing about the necessary corrections, he did not hesitate to build his own forces immediately with some very smart methods. Many other government officials or secular warlords during his time were hesitant in abandoning the tradition to achieve the changes they desired for the nation and they kept pandering between loyalty to the Han dynasty and outright rebellion, and many of them wasted their time and their lives in doing so. Cao Cao was truly a man of vision, if he were born in modern days, he would no doubt be an entrepreneur of unmatched wisdom, determination, and art of execution.
jtstellar is offline   Reply With Quote