View Single Post
Old 2012-09-13, 13:41   Link #41
Kirarakim

Okay first of all there are many dubs I highly enjoy even love as much as the original Japanese language track. It is also nice sometimes to watch a favorite series and have it on in the background (something I can't really do when I watch it in Japanese).

However if I have only one choice I will always choose the Japanese subbed version. I want to watch the film/series as it was originally intended.

I actually got in an argument on ANN when I said you can't hold a bad dub for or against a series (this seemed to go over the people's head). Of course you can praise the dub itself, but the dub has nothing to do with original creation of the series. Whereas the original language track is part of the creation of that series:

Now I am not sure how much the producer or director has a hand in the seiyuu performances but I assume those performances don't come from nowhere. Just like the animation, art design, script, etc is part of the series...aren't those seiyuu performances as well? At least that is how I personally see it.