View Single Post
Old 2007-02-07, 18:41   Link #27
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Remember that the speed of the pre timeskip Naruto, and even that of Sasuke and Lee was nowhere near the speed of akatsuki. Considering that Naruto's speed here was almost unbeliveable. With his kyuubi-mode he was faster here than Kakashi, this was a huge improvment for Naruto.
I don't see how he was that fast. He was caught by Kakuzu's tendrils just like Kakashi was and had to be bailed out. He landed the hit mostly because of distraction and surprise. Though I admit he is swift, still no evidence of him being faster than Kakashi without use of the Kyuubi.

Quote:
The trick was effective because a mere clone was using a super-jutsu, who would expect that? It's like Itachi making a clone and then the clone uses Tsukiyomi/Amatreasu on someone. When someone uses his ultimate jutsu he is supposed to be the real one. I remember only one legendary ninja (including kage level) who made his clone use his super-ultimate jutsu: Yondaime using his teleport jutsu with 50 clones. But nobody made a trick using his ultimate jutsu.
When did Yondaime ever use 50 clones to perform Hiraishin? I don't remember that at all. You're right that it is unusual to use KB in this way though.

Quote:
I think this "showing their true strength" is the worst thing in the story: akatsuki just keep falling while they were praised to be super-deadly serial killers. The thing that would make it beliveable would be if major Konoha forces would be killed by them. The worst example is Itachi himself, said to be stronger than Orochimaru, having godlike MS eyes. Than he escapes fighting situations. He should have killed at least Gai and a couple of jounins. While Orochimaru killed two kages and he fears Itachi, so the introduction of Itachi was quite bad. Except if the theories about Itachi not being such an evil guy are true.
Why Itachi decided not to kill Gai and the others has already been discussed several times. It was pointless and furthermore unnecessary to face them at the time. It's not like they have to prove themselves to anyone. Besides, They've already killed Asuma, Gaara (technically), the Nibi, the Sanbi and a temple full of monks.There's also been plenty near misses (Sasori running Sakura through with a blade). You can't have main characters getting slaughtered every time Akatsuki appears or else you will soon have a very limited cast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos
Give credit where credit is due. Naruto used his rep as a hot-head idiot to out smart kakuzu.
Yeah, but Kakuzu had well over 60 years of experience as a ninja. Older than any Sannin. Ask yourself, do you see Orochimaru falling for that trick? Do you see any Sannin falling for that trick? He was pretty much dumbed down for Naruto to win, but it's not completely unbelievable that he would drop his guard given the circumstances.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote