Thread: Licensed Tears to Tiara (TV anime)
View Single Post
Old 2009-12-22, 13:25   Link #1608
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeroFaria View Post
I don't like the animax dub! they pronounce Awran as "Aro-wan"!! FREAKS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Maybe that's how it suppose to be pronounce.
I'm no expert on the Welsh language, but from my studies of it, I'd say it's unlikely that an "o" sound would be inserted at that point in Arwan's name. On the other hand, I don't think the Japanese were pronouncing his name correctly either. So both casts get a 0 for 2 on this issue in my mind.

Quote:
Anyway i just watch the 7th episode & it was weird. For some reason, the dubbers have no idea that Rathy is girl so they just call him a boy & gave Rathy's dub voice a boyish voice.
I remember when Rathy first showed up in the coliseum, Arwan and company thought she was a boy when they were watching from the nosebleed seats. It wasn't until she joined the group that they switched to calling Rathy a girl a few episodes later. Maybe that just hasn't happened yet in what you've seen?

Quote:
I also heard Lidia's voice even it was one line only & it sounds British. I can't wait to hear her talk next episode.
If Octavia sounds British, then Lidia should as well, in my opinion. They're from similar regions of the Empire.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote