View Single Post
Old 2013-05-03, 14:10   Link #931
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT View Post
So ... if one pre-ordered the K-ON! Movie Blu-Ray in the US; one will discover that they've shipped most of a month early. And, with that, one can answer the question of how the dub will handle the fact that the girls speak Japanese, and the British people speak English.

The answer: They completely ignore it ... to the point where it is jarring and serves to kill all sense of suspension of disbelief.

Worse still, they also re-dub all the English parts for clarity (and in the case of the sushi bar owner hilarity ... in the "Good Gods, this is awful" way.)

On the bright side (such as it is,) the dub is up to the same standards that the dubs for the first and second season were (although your mileage may vary) ... unfortunately, for this film, it seems to fall a bit flat; and does the film a serious disservice as a result.
As long as I can watch with the Japanese soundtrack (with British voices) and subtitles, I couldn't give a flying f*ck about the english dub - just tired of distributors even trying any more.